Do you stress over choosing outfits in the morning? Dig through piles of the wrong things? Do you get a headache thinking about packing for a trip out of town? Do you wish you could simplify your wardrobe (without sacrificing style)?
If so, creating a Capsule Wardrobe is for YOU.
Learn how to create a simple, stylish, functioning wardrobe in 50 items or less. This is my professional blueprint to building a Capsule Wardrobe. Follow this and you will be able to make the most of your clothing, your budget, and your style. How? You will streamline your options and create a closet that feels more like shopping from a beautiful display than digging through options. You will feel less stress, do less laundry, and pick out a fabulous outfit each morning in 5 minutes or less.
- Prepare - Identify Style Inspiration & Season Needs
- Create- Weed, Identify Essentials, Make Shopping List
- Reflect & Re-Create
Identify Your Style
(Keep in Mind: Creating a Pinterest Board is Helpful!)
- My Personal Style- words that describe my style:
- My style is inspired by this person __________________________ (think, Celebrity Inspiration).
- Common Activities:
- Color Preferences:
- Major Colors
- Accent Colors
- Budget (see Wardrobe Essentials Guide online):
- Up-coming Special Events:
- Seasonal Needs:
- Favorite pieces / Existing outfits:
Create the Capsule Wardrobe- 3 Basic Steps*
STEP 1. Pre-weed and prep your closet of old, unwanted garments.
- remove all clothing from closet and drawers.
- immediately, get rid of things that you have not worn in over a year.
- get/use matching hangers!!
STEP 2. Keep the essential 50 pieces in your wardrobe.
- 50 pieces (Start with 10 bottoms, 10 basic tops, 13 shoes, 7 layerable tops like cardigans or suit coats, 2 outdoor jackets, 5 dresses, 3 trend items like scarves). Adjust to your preferences. Keep unlimited bras, undergarments, tights and socks.)
- modify by using 1/3 of your total starting closet content (I, personally, do the modified version because I like more shoe options)
- change each season (about every 3 months)
STEP 3. Make a shopping list.
- note the gaps in your wardrobe
- note trend/seasonal items that you are interested in adding
*Keep in Mind:
- store things you may yet use/want in a bin out of eyesight (for peace and calm)
- if your body is experiencing rapid, temporary change (Pregnancy, a medication adjustment, an operation, etc, you may store items longer than 1 year)
Reflect & Re-Create
- What worked?
- What did not work?
- How did it feel each day? Overall?
OVERWHELMED? Need a friendly JUMPSTART?
While weeding the closet can SOUND easy-peasy, the truth is that we have a LOT of emotion attached to our clothing and image. Sometimes, taking the first step is the hardest part.
THAT is where I come into play. To get the personal support of a friend, with the professional knowledge of an image consultant, I can help you walk through this process and streamline your life.
Are you asking yourself if this service is right for you?
FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY,
A FREE WARDROBE CONSULTATION
is available with Andrea. Now booking for FALL 2016 wardrobe services. Reserve your spot today.